Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cooking for others

Last weekend I spent most of Saturday cooking for Mardi Gras Spirits fundraiser for church. I arrived this morning thinking I would do the same thing only to find we had an hour's worth of work and then were done. Hmm... I now have a whole day free unexpectedly and no books saved up and nothing planned. I hate unplanned time. It's windy, cold and icky outside so I'm not going to hack back the hibiscuses (hibisci?). I'm not feeling very flush so I'm not going to check out that new consignment shop I drove by. I can't curl up on the couch with a book when I've got nothing saved. I could go and help C out by getting him into World 3 on Super Mario Bros. That would help the supermom reputation. I could cook something but am lacking ambition today. I'm definitely NOT doing laundry. So I'm putzing about on the computer.

1 comment:

  1. You don't have a bookcase full of books you haven't read yet? I am impressed by your discipline.

    ReplyDelete